Technology is not destiny in itself. Technology is enabler that facilitates journey to reach to destiny.
The destiny in this case is to make the Healthcare access available to the last citizen of the country and the last person on the earth.
Biggest question is that who is this last person who do we need to make the healthcare access available.
Is it someone struggling to live in remote village without the access of real world, someone at the tip of Mount Everest, on someone lost in the Sahara desert or someone enjoying the chill in the ocean of ice on Antarctica island?
We have, these remote villages, these tips of Mount everests, these lost ones in Sahara deserts and ones in chills of Antarcticas lying among us, around us, within us in this real habitat only.
Today’s Healthcare Access Crisis can be broadly divided into two categories:
- PHYSICAL HEALTHCARE ACCESS CRISIS, which further has 2 different sub-categories within it:
- Physical Healthcare Crisis represented by population not having physical access to healthcare because of absence of healthcare facility in the vicinity
- Physical Healthcare Crisis represented by population not having physical access to healthcare because of absence/lack of caretakers to take them to healthcare facility in the vicinity
- PHYSIOLOGICAL HEALTHCARE ACCESS CRISIS, which further has 3 different sub-categories within it:
- Physiological Healthcare Crisis represented by population having physical access to healthcare but find it cumbersome to utilize
- Physiological Healthcare Crisis represented by population having physical access to healthcare but do not believe in need for healthcare consultation intervention
- Physiological Healthcare Crisis represented by population having physical access to healthcare, undertake initial healthcare consultation but do not care to follow up for repeat diagnosis or continuation or medication
The real spirit of Digital Healthcare Access is to allow Healthcare Access Facilitation for each of these population representing either Physical & or Physiological Healthcare Crisis.
The solutions to be offered through Digital Healthcare Access has to be guided to reach to each of these categories and sub-categories of population.
While we do the identification of demography and specific issues, the ACCESS METHODOLOGIES would be even more guided for pinpointed Healthcare delivery to needy population:
Digital Healthcare is the means to solve Physical & Physiological Healthcare Access Crisis.
Digital Healthcare has to act as enabler and connector. The connections can vary and the Digital Healthcare Solutions can be innovatively built based on need for specific Category of Population having Healthcare Access Crisis and set of issues bugging that population. These solutions could make efforts towards any of following:
Connecting Patient with Doctor (Primary/Secondary)
Connecting Patient with Diagnosis
Connecting Patient with Pharmacy/Devices
Connecting Patient with Payer
Connecting Patient with Hospital
Connecting Patient with Patient/Advocacy Group
Connecting Patient with Health Education
Connecting Patient with Paramedic staff (eg. Physiotherapist/Nurse/Compounder)
Connecting Patient with Health Record (Local/remote monitoring)
Connecting Patient with Ambulance/Emergency Services
Connecting Patient with Hospice/Rehabilitation Centre
Connecting Patient with Personalised Health Coach
Connecting Patient with Fitness Centres/Clubs
Connecting Patient with Travel Agents
Connecting Patient with Ambulatory services
Connecting Patient with Critical Care Services
Connecting Patients with Trauma Care
Connecting Patient with Beauty & Wellness Care
Connecting Patient with Preventive Health Care
Connecting Patient to Health Screening
Connecting Patient with Country’s Healthcare Delivery System
While there are many Digital Healthcare Access products and solutions available, instead of the fancy nature of the Digital business, it has to be guided to specific Healthcare Access Crisis Population facing specific Healthcare Access issues with specific Digital Healthcare Access solution.